Sunday 24 March 2013

Nikon D800E 36.3 MP CMOS FX-Format Digital SLR Camera (Body Only) top deals

Nikon D800E 36.3 MP CMOS FX-Format Digital SLR Camera (Body Only)

Nikon D800E 36.3 MP CMOS FX-Format Digital SLR Camera (Body Only)

Nikon D800E 36.3 MP CMOS FX-Format Digital SLR Camera (Body Only) Reviews

Like others, I debated on whether or not to choose the D800E or the D800. I'm primarily a nature photographer, so my inclination was to get the D800E. The one potential problem situation was with moire on bird feathers. I ultimately chose the D800E based on the logic that birds have so many feathers at different angles and proportions that significant moire would be very unlikely. Well I received my D800E two days before a planned trip to the St. Augustine Alligator Farm. After more than 2500 images under all conditions, I have to rate the camera as spectacular - a step beyond excellent. Image quality and detail are stunning. I was using a Nikon 200-400 f/4 VR and a Nikon 600 f/4 VR for most of my images. The level of detail is simply stunning. There is detail that I have never before seen from any camera. I'm seeing resolution at 100% (1/7th the image) that is suitable for a web post or small print. And noise is completely absent at lower ISO levels and minimal even at ISO 6400. You know going in that the D800E only has a frame rate of 4 fps. That's enough for a quick burst at critical action. With birds I'm shooting at 1/1000 second or faster so I am already trying to capture critical action and a catchlight in just a few frames. At burst rates it does take a little time to write to the card, but I never came close to filling the buffer. One of the things that has been underappreciated is the new AF system. The new AF system of the D800 is excellent - very quick and accurate. There have been some reports of AF errors with the D800 - especially using the widest sensor and a wide angle lens. I have not seen that issue on my copy of the D800E. The ergonomics and controls are very intuitive. This is a camera you can immediately pick up and use - just like other Nikons. The one adjustment I had to make was with exposure compensation. The direction of the exposure comp has been reversed, but can be customized in the camera menu settings. While there have been reports of the need for a tripod or special technique, I shot the D800E just as I would have used earlier cameras. If you miss focus the image is still soft, but there is no problem using the camera handheld or on a gimbal head. File sizes are large - and as expected the large files put greater demand on your computer. Large files understandably take longer to open and to save. But this is to be expected. Colors and dynamic range at ISO 200 are spectacular. Even at high ISO levels, colors are very acceptable. Overall, I am very pleased with the D800E and highly recommend it for advanced amateur and pro nature photographers. This is not a camera for a beginner or someone who is not skilled. This is a camera for someone who is skilled, understands the tradeoffs involved, and wants the best image quality possible in a DSLR. EDIT June 16, 2012 I've continued to use the D800E and my opinion has not changed. It's a great camera. One thing to be aware of is the depth of field. Because the in focus area is so extremely sharp, your specific focus point and depth of field require a little more thought. Your choice of what parts of the image should be in sharpest focus will be rewarded, but if you make the wrong choice you can really tell the difference.. this is my Nikon D800E 36.3 MP CMOS FX-Format Digital SLR Camera (Body Only) reviews
Nikon D800E 36.3 MP CMOS FX-Format Digital SLR Camera (Body Only)

Nikon D800E 36.3 MP CMOS FX-Format Digital SLR Camera (Body Only) Specs

  • +
  • Price for both: $3,154.00
  • Buy the selected items together
  • This item: Nikon D800E 36.3 MP CMOS FX-Format Digital SLR Camera (Body Only) $3,096.95
  • Nikon EN-EL15 Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery for Select DSLR Cameras (Retail Packaging) $57.05
. Nikon D800E 36.3 MP CMOS FX-Format Digital SLR Camera (Body Only)
Nikon D800E 36.3 MP CMOS FX-Format Digital SLR Camera (Body Only) Best buy
Nikon D800E 36.3 MP CMOS FX-Format Digital SLR Camera (Body Only)
. Nikon D800E 36.3 MP CMOS FX-Format Digital SLR Camera (Body Only) will.. (Read More)

No comments:

Post a Comment