Sunday 24 March 2013

Sony Alpha SLT-A57M 16.1 MP Exmor APS HD CMOS Sensor DSLR with Translucent Mirror Technology and 18-135mm Lens special discount

Sony Alpha SLT-A57M 16.1 MP Exmor APS HD CMOS Sensor DSLR with Translucent Mirror Technology and 18-135mm Lens

Sony Alpha SLT-A57M 16.1 MP Exmor APS HD CMOS Sensor DSLR with Translucent Mirror Technology and 18-135mm Lens

Sony Alpha SLT-A57M 16.1 MP Exmor APS HD CMOS Sensor DSLR with Translucent Mirror Technology and 18-135mm Lens Reviews

I have used a Sony SLT-a55 for the past year and a half and purchased a number of the Sony and Zeiss professional lens. This combination has produced very good output. Some of the finest pictures I have ever taken were with the a55. However I was annoyed that the camera was not as responsive as my a700 and the overheating problem during video recording. So I preordered the SLT-a57 March 18th and it arrived yesterday. I have only had the camera one day and I am very impressed and think the upgrade from the a55 is very good. I think the Sony SLT cameras offer an excellent feature set. I am a fan of the EVF technology. Much of my photography is done shooting stage events where the lights vary greatly across the stage. I love being able to see the adjustments of the camera setting in the EVF and shoot without needing to refer to the output on the LCD screen. What you see is what you get. I can concentrate on the subjects and wait for just the right moment in the action. I prefer to compose the scene through a VF anyway. I no longer take an OVF camera to stage events. Getting the right exposure is so easy with an SLT camera. The exposure on stage can easily vary from 1/30 to 1/640 sec at F4 depending upon the subject position relative to the lighting, especially spotlights. I no longer do any exposure bracketing. I also enjoyed the continuous focus during video recording (DLSR AF during zooming while video recording is poor), and in camera HDR feature that works very well. I do prefer an OVF camera for studio work with strobes. I have been very impressed with two other features of the SLT-a57 already. The first one is focus peaking during manually focusing. I have poor eyesight and could no longer manually focus a scene. But with the focus peaking feature my manual focusing that been restored. It is like a part of my vision has been restored. I now would buy a Sony SLT or NEX camera just for this feature alone. The other feature that appears very impressive is the clear zoom feature where the picture quality is processed and improved over what one usually gets from a digital zoom which degrades the IQ. You can zoom up to 2.8x on any lens attached to the camera. I have uploaded two pictures for you to see the magnification of my CZ 16-80 zoom lens at 80mm while lighting the subject with bounce flash (These are jpg pictures right out of the camera. Notice the knots on the beaded jug as a reference). I now will have a very nice combination with my a77 for event photography with some SSM lens. I want to thank the engineers at Sony for this feature set. In the past I felt that Sony offered some excellent lens but that each of their camera models was lacking an important feature. Now I feel that Sony has produced two excellent cameras in the SLT a77 (I bought it for its AF system (which is great) and the ability to micro adjust lens focus) and the SLT-57 model. They are very fun to use with a super feature set. They are fast, feel good in the the hand and produce very nice pictures indeed. I tested the clear zoom feature further tonight and I think that it works as advertised which is amazing. You can digitally magnify the image up to 2.8x more while still retaining very good image quality through Sony's image enhancement feature. I included some pictures taken with my telephoto lens on the Sony a57 product page here on Amazon shot at an 8 Mp resolution. Look for yourself. I made my 200mm telephoto lens a 400mm with the push a button. There is a picture taken with my 400mm lens for comparison. It doesn't look like a gimmick to me. 4-29-12 I uploaded more pictures to the Sony SLT-a57 product page after a trip out "birding" with an 400mm lens. I think people interested in photographing wildlife should consider this camera. Update: 5-23-12. Recently, I shot 3 stage events and I am satisfied that this camera's clear zoom feature works just as well indoors as outdoors. I was very impressed with the reach of this camera and the IQ of the images using it with a Tamron 70-200mm f 2.8 lens. I did not need to go above 1600 iso to get the shutter speeds I needed even with dancers and felt no need to do any noise removal in post proceeding. The feature set of this camera gives one so many options. Using the focus peaking feature with manual focusing more and more. Another problem that is resolved when using the SLT-a57 when shooting stage events (formal concerts like choir or orchestra) or weddings is how quiet the shutter is. It is almost silent. In the past using a OVF camera with a moving mirror I could not get the shots I wanted for fear of causing shutter noise at a time when everyone in the audience should be quiet like when a soft song was being played or sung or when the couple is exchanging vows during the wedding. I would have to wait until a rise in volume occurred so the shutter noise would not be noticed. Often during concerts I shoot video and take still pictures (with two different cameras) at the same time. Then when I played the video back I could hear every shutter click when using the OVF camera like my a700 or a580. What a pain. Now I record video and shoot with the SLT-a57 at the same time and I do not hear the shutter in the video at all. Now I shoot whenever I want during the event. I love the freedom a quiet shutter mechanism gives me. The a77 also has a very quiet shutter as well. I am very happy with this purchase. Update 10/27/12. I have shot with this camera for another 6 months and my satisfaction has only grown. I love the focus peaking feature for manual focusing. It is the best focus assist system for manual focusing in the world. I have shifted over to become a full manual mode shooter. I now have raised my photography to another level. Another feature have works excellent as well is sweep panorama. My sunset pictures are even better. I do agree with other people that Sony needs to improve the jpg engine of all their cameras especially with shooting in the shade. Anyway this is a class leading camera. An excellent choice for someone starting photography.. this is my Sony Alpha SLT-A57M 16.1 MP Exmor APS HD CMOS Sensor DSLR with Translucent Mirror Technology and 18-135mm Lens reviews
Sony Alpha SLT-A57M 16.1 MP Exmor APS HD CMOS Sensor DSLR with Translucent Mirror Technology and 18-135mm Lens

Sony Alpha SLT-A57M 16.1 MP Exmor APS HD CMOS Sensor DSLR with Translucent Mirror Technology and 18-135mm Lens Specs

  • +
  • Price for both: $833.42
  • Buy the selected items together
  • This item: Sony Alpha SLT-A57M 16.1 MP Exmor APS HD CMOS Sensor DSLR with Translucent Mirror Technology and 18-135mm Lens $798.00
  • SanDisk Extreme 32 GB SDHC Class 10 UHS-1 Flash Memory Card 45MB/s (SDSDX-032G-X46) $35.42
. Sony Alpha SLT-A57M 16.1 MP Exmor APS HD CMOS Sensor DSLR with Translucent Mirror Technology and 18-135mm Lens
Sony Alpha SLT-A57M 16.1 MP Exmor APS HD CMOS Sensor DSLR with Translucent Mirror Technology and 18-135mm Lens Best buy
Sony Alpha SLT-A57M 16.1 MP Exmor APS HD CMOS Sensor DSLR with Translucent Mirror Technology and 18-135mm Lens
. Sony Alpha SLT-A57M 16.1 MP Exmor APS HD CMOS Sensor DSLR with Translucent Mirror Technology and 18-135mm Lens will.. (Read More)

No comments:

Post a Comment